Thursday, September 17, 2009

I gotta feelin'

Here at school, everyone is dressed up and in a good mood; girls are getting their nails done and guys are getting ready for the "big game" friday. And, it's homecoming week.

To start the week off, we had lazy day or as most of the school took it, pajama day. Me and Dallas wore matching spongebob pjs and we got some crazy looks from freshmen. I honestly don't care what people think about me so I didn't really care what I was wearing, we just kinda got into the whole spirit day thing. Tuesday, it was crayola day so the seniors wore blue, we wore red, sophomores: purple, and freshmen: orange. So of course, I went all out again with red tights, red shorts, and a red shirt. It was soooo cool seeing everyone in our classes wearing the same color, or different if they were in a different grade. We also had the top 7 assembly that day with all the homecoming royalty lined and dressed up ready to answer the question they were dreading. This year I personally think the questions sucked. Who is going to care what you would do to change the world or what Cedar Rapids biggest problem is. People vote on the queen and king because of who they are and their personality, not of what they are going to become in the future. But anyway, onto Wednesday, jungle day. Again, Dallas and I went completely full out. We wore these old skirts we found in my dressup clothes that had a bunch of animal print on them. I had a monkey around my neck the entire day and we both carried a cat and tiger on a leash behind us. We got some REALLY crazy looks haha. People were staring at us but then laughed cause if you know us, thats really just how we are. Today, Thursday, is jersey day and I have to wear a jersey for dance team. Then tomorrow is green and gold day for the game later that night!

This week you can totally tell that people are excited for the dance because it's something they can look forward to. I think our school needs more little things that people can go to to have fun so that the school year wouldn't seem so long and there were more things people could anticipate. Everyone is in a good mood and looking their best everyday, because if they don't have a date yet, they should probably get on top of that.

That's all for now my fellow bloggers.

No comments:

Post a Comment