Sunday, September 27, 2009

Just get over it...

Halloween is just around the corner. I remember when I was little and my friends and I would dress up as whatever we wanted. I know I was a princess at least three times. And then there was the cheerleader, a pirate, a pumpkin, a hippie, and more. Those days when you could dress up and nobody would judge you for what you were wearing because you were only in kindergarten and that's what everyone else was doing so it was the cool thing to do. But, now if you try to dress up for Halloween, or homecoming week, or even for a school project; you get judged. People comment and talk about what your wearing or what you look like. Personally, I think they do it because they have nothing better to do with their lives and are to insecure about themselves so they have to put other people down, which makes no sense at all because that's completely rude but okay.

Even people walking in the hallway. If they have their own style and way they like to dress everyday, then just get over it. Acknowledge that they have their own way of doing things. Maybe you're the one who looks silly and stupid in their eyes.

My friends and I have almost got over the fact that people will judge you, and that we really don't care. Most people's negative opinions I could really care less about. But when someone you know and trust tells you something doesn't look right, that's when you need to change something. It's not a bad thing, that's just what happens sometimes.

There are, however, limits to the whole costume thing. You don't show up to your neighbors house or a Halloween party looking like a complete slut with a costume from the Halloween botique. People then just think you're really trashy and it's not all that attractive to show up to something like that. There are ways to have fun without all the nastiness. Those people aren't making fun of you, just kinda grossed out about why someone would wear that out in public haha.

But anyways, I think people just need to get a reality check for themselves and not make fun of what people wear because it can seriously get annoying. So what if that girl is wearing an ugly sweater? Maybe her grandma made it for her. There are reasons to not judge people so harshly in this world we call "equal."

That's all for now my fellow bloggers.

1 comment: