Friday, October 2, 2009

Um...Is It Winter?

Today, the forecast was rain and a high of 50 degrees, which means pants and sweatshirts. And there are those occasional few people who think it's still summer and wear shorts and a t-shirt. Where did the summer go? It seems like there was not so many hot days during the 3 months of break, but more of just warm weather. Now it's starting to get cooler faster?

It's October 2nd and it feels like it's December! Maybe it's just because one day it was really warm and then suddenly became cold but who knows. All I know is that it's the in-between weather that's hitting everyone. No doubt about it, fall is probably my favorite season. The leaves are falling off the trees and the landscape of what used to be green grass, is now orange, red, and brown.

When I was little, in art class we would pick up leaves from the ground outside and trace it onto a piece of paper and then color the designs of the leaf on the paper. These memories were during the fall when the weather was nice ten years ago at this time. But now it's all rainy and cold outside and I'm wondering if other little kids can get to experience some of the same things that our generation did.

I love sweatpants and blanket weather, which is what it feels like now, but usually it happens in the winter! I should probably not be complaining right now because this is my favorite time of year, but it's just so dang cold. I'm sitting here and my toes are about to fall off.

Global warming is kicking in to our society, changing the temperature everywhere. The icebergs are melting at the top of the globe and the affect is rubbing off on everyone else. Soon the changes will be more noticeable here and hurt us in different ways. Of course it wont be until thousands maybe millions of years later, but people should take action now to help protect our planet. It's just getting so dang cold so quick!

That's all for now my fellow bloggers.

No comments:

Post a Comment