Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Snow Days!

A perfect way to start off December is with a foot of snow and a couple of snow days. It just kinda sucks that we have to make them up in June. And I'm anticipating that we are going to get a lot of snow this year, which means a shorter summer! But on days like today when there is no school, we get to sleep in and be lazy all day, I love watching a bunch of movies and eating junk food. I just flip through HBO and see what looks good and watch that movie and when its over I flip through again and see what else can be on. Then when there is nothing good left on TV its time to flip through the old movies in the cupboard and pick out one to watch. Right now I'm watching Enchanted. It is probably my favorite movie ever. It has really cute songs and April Adams does a really good job in this movie of acting just like a princess.

Tonight my mom and I are going to make Christmas cookies for the annual Cocoa and Carols this Saturday. It's where all of our school's showchoirs host a concert for the middle school and elementary school showchoirs so they can experience what it is like to be on stage. We also teach them our version of Roudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer.

I absolutely love Christmas time with all of the food, decorations, and joy. Everyone always seems to be in a good mood when it comes to a holiday season. I love spending time with my family too. We put up decorations together, watch movies, play games and just have a good time together. OH I almost forgot to mention all the Christmas songs. I love to sing along and listen to them in the car. Christmas cookies are also the best thing ever. My mom makes the best ones ever and she's going to pass the recipes onto me so that I can make them for my kids when I get older. That's kinda how our family works with recipes. My grandma passed them onto my mom and her siblings and then so on. All of the food we have is so good I could probably go on forever about it.

That's all for now my fellow bloggers.

1 comment: