Sunday, January 17, 2010

Artificially flavored what?

After reading this weekends essay about McDonald's french fries and how they make them, it made me want to throw up and never ever eat anything processed ever again. Now I know that this, of course, wont happen because mainly everything you eat has chemicals and other factors in it that make it "look right, taste right, and smell right." Are you seriously kidding me though? In the essay, it talked about how companies that make flavoring and smells for foods can basically make any type of smell there is. You want body odor? You get body odor fruit snacks. You want freshly cut grass? You get freshly cut grass nutrigrain bars. This is completely unbelievable to me. Why in the world would anyone even need to invent something like that? That seems like a total waste of time and money. No wonder this country is in a recession.
Now don't get me wrong, I love McDonald's french fries more then anything in the world. I crave them nonstop. But, that doesn't make them good for you. They are totally harmless to your body. They're cooked in vegetable oil and are frozen before being cooked. Not to mention the amount of salt on one fry. I used to work at McDonald's and I saw what the food looks like behind the counter. Going to the freezer to get a bag of french fries so one can load the little wire basket with fries and shove it into the burning oil was not the most attractive thing ever. Just standing there I could feel the grease going into my hair and accumulating on my face. Of course McDonald's is still delicious, but the process to get it that way is terrible. And the food is so bad for you.
Overall I guess I'll just try to not eat so much fast food anymore and try eating healthier. Or are fruits and vegetables enhanced too with coloring from different insects I've never even heard of? Maybe I'll just grow my own garden so that I know the food I'm eating is safe. Eh, what am I thinking. I don't have time to do any of that stuff. So for now, I hope the bunches and bunches of chemicals I'm consuming each day aren't going to affect me later in life. Thank you, artificial flavoring.
That's all for now my fellow bloggers.

No comments:

Post a Comment