Sunday, January 10, 2010

Waking Up to a Great Start

So this weekend starts the actual beginning of showchoir season. Friday night after the dance team danced at halftime during the boys basketball game, I went over to my friends house so she could put approx. 30 hard curlers in my hair so I could get the pleasure of sleeping with them in the entire night. After that was done I didn't get to bed until about eleven o'clock. Now, one may think that this is an early time to go to bed on a Friday night. But I haven't told you yet that I had to get up at 3:30am the next morning to be at school at 4am. Getting up wasn't the hard part. The hard part was functioning that early in the morning. I was shaking because my body was so tired. Running on four hours of sleep is not the way to go.

Arriving at school, everyone else looked the same way I did: like they had just rolled out of bed and drove to school. Not to mention that it was negative 15 degrees out or something around there. We all loaded into the bus after taking attendance and we were off to Lacrosse, Wisconsin.

Now I'm not going to complain about having a charter bus to take on a 4 hour drive, because it was much nicer then taking a regular old school bus. But, there was a squeaking noise right next to our seat the ENTIRE TIME. So there goes sleeping for me and my bus partner. We ended up just talking the whole time on the way there and trying to fall asleep, but it was no use.

Upon our arrival we had to help unload the trailer containing all of the things that we used to do our show later in the day. We then watched our prep group (who is amazing!) and then grabbed some food. After that it was about time to get ready to perform. I took out those curlers that had been giving me a headache ever since I had put them in and my hair was about ten inches shorter then it usually is. Doing your hair, makeup, and putting on your costume usually takes awhile and time flew while we were getting ready. Before we knew it it was time to perform. For a lot of us, the first time performing in the varsity showchoir at our school. Which, might I say, is quite an experience!

We gave our best show that we possibly could both in day round and finals and this is the earliest our varsity showchoir has ever competed. So we didn't do as well as we hoped we would, but it was still and experience that wont be forgotten. Despite all of the difficult hair and makeup issues, performing is totally worth it in the end.

This picture was taken by one of the moms of a girl in our group.

That's all for now my fellow bloggers.

No comments:

Post a Comment