Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Let's Not Be Wasteful

So again after reading the latest essay, it has inspired me to write about something else on my blog. The essay about dumpster digging has really overturned my views on how much people actually use and consume. I know for a fact that I buy way to many clothes and shoes that I don't get the full use out of and then end up throwing them out or selling them when they are in perfectly good condition. The homeless then take these things because, well, what else are they supposed to do to get by in life? But the people who live in this country buy way to many things that they really don't need. They buy things because they look cool or they think they will need it later in life when they wont. These things then eventually go to waste. I guess there are two points to this situation. If your on the homeless end, this is absolutely a good thing that people throw out perfect things. If your an average person with this problem, well then that sucks for you because your wasting money and buying other people things.
I've noticed as well, that when at a buffet, people take food that they then don't end up eating. Many people throw out and waste food that is then eaten by the homeless people.
I guess what I'm trying to say is that my goal is to watch what I buy and spend my money on so that I'm not wasting it in the end. And I'm going to watch what I take when I eat and make sure I eat everything on my plate. Some people don't get to eat every day like we do. We have to be greatful for the things we have. I think other people should try to watch what they spend their money on too. Because it doesn't grow on trees. We have to work for our money and of course we deserve to get paid and spend that money on the things that we want. But that doesn't mean that we have to overspend and buy things we don't necessarily need. There is a difference between wants and needs and everyone has to establish the difference between those things in their lives.
That's all for now my fellow bloggers.

No comments:

Post a Comment