Sunday, January 31, 2010

Soo Thankful

Just recently this week, I talked to a girl who used to go to our school but then was sent to Metro because of getting pregnant. I'm not going to disclose names so I'll just say her name is Sue.
Sue and I are not exactly friends but we used to talk occasionally being involved in dance and having some classes together. I hadn't seen her for about 6 months or so, so it was good to see her. But I was totally surprised about how open she was with me and my friend about the whole situation she has been through. I'm not going to explain the whole thing, but something she said to me was very inspiring and it totally changed my life. She said to us, "For a couple of months I didn't have any friends at all. All I had was my family." This totally shocked me and I missed some of the stuff she said after that to us because I couldn't stop thinking about it. It made me realize not to take anything or anyone for granted because you never know what will happen. I felt really bad for her because it's not like she wished this upon herself or could do anything about it once it happened. And I have resentment for those who make fun of teens who are pregnant. I'm sure that you know of people having sex in their relationship but you just never hear of any of them being pregnant. This time, it just happened to be an unlucky girl who had friends, family, grades, and hobbies that she loved. After the news, well, all of that went away.
The last few days after I have heard the story of Sue, I have been a totally different person to my friends and family. I love my friends and I don't know what I would do without them. We are so lucky that we have other people in this world to share our lives with and too many people say and do horrible things to others that just aren't necessary. I'm lucky to have two best friends who I can tell anything to and I know they will always be there for me. Some people can't say that, but I'm so thankful that I can.
That's all for now my fellow bloggers.

No comments:

Post a Comment