Thursday, October 29, 2009

Cellular Devices

Cell phones are such a distraction, but yet they are so addicting. In school your teachers nag at you to "turn your phone off" or "no texting in class," because they want you to pay attention. And there is a logical explination for that. When your texting or focusing yourself to your phone, your brain cant focus on what the teacher is saying. However, I think that the teachers shouldn't care about the texting in class because it should be your decision if you want to pay attention or not. You know that if you don't pay attention, you won't do good in that class.

The other day I was sitting with my mom and we were just talking. I got a text and I started reading it and then responded. During that time, my mom had asked me a question (that I didn't hear) and was expecting an answer. She got kinda mad that I wasn't paying attention to her at all. When I'm doing my homework I have to turn my phone on silent and not answer to it if I get a text because I absolutely cannot pay attention. Of course I take breaks inbetween to check a text or two but then it's back to homework.

Now that I have gotten a new phone and have unlimited texting, my parents have been seeing how much I text lately and they think that I'm getting a little over obsessed with texting. But it's not really that, it's just addicting and sometimes you don't even realize that you could be texting that much. But I know I'm not the only teenager who does it. All of my friends text a lot and it's just something that everyone does. Our parents think it's weird because they never had all of this technology when they were young. They were good little kids always getting their homework done. Well I hate to break it to yah parents, but our lives are changin!

That's all for now my fellow bloggers.

2 comments:

  1. I kinda took this post and responded and made it into my own! :) Thanks for the topic starter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh and i kinda stole your layout lol

    ReplyDelete