Friday, October 23, 2009

Memories

So the other day I went through my entire closet and tried to get rid of clothes that somehow seem to keep accumulating rapidly enough that there is no more room for anything. There were several things that I've bought and never worn (which my mom wasn't to happy about) and a bunch of things that have seen their days. My mom and I cleared out an entire half of the closet, just so we could put new clothes I haven't worn, in.

We got three box loads of clothes that I didn't want anymore. It really was not easy at all because there are several clothes that have memories attached to them. Is that weird? Maybe that's just what girls do because I feel like a bunch of my friends are that way too. But we took these three boxes to Plato's Closet, a store that will pay you for your used clothes and then sell them to other people. We dropped off the boxes and cam back an hour later to find out that they wanted one and a half boxes full of stuff and were going to give me $120 for it! It was so neat because it's like getting use out of your clothes and getting paid to do so. So we took the rest of the clothes back home to give to other little girls who would love them.

There are a lot of things that are really hard for me to get rid of if they have a memory attached to them. My room has a whole bunch of toys and things from when I was little that I would play with over and over again, and I just can't give them up. Like there is this little rechargeable racing car I have that I used to always play with, and I cannot give it up. There are just so many memories in my room, and it will be hard for me to go to college when it's time.

It will also be hard to let go of all the friends I've met in high school and I don't even want to think about having to leave them behind. This year, I'm friends with like all of the seniors so it is going to completely suck when they all have to leave at the end of the year. I was also looking back at pictures from like preschool elementary school years, and realized how simple life was back then. Your mom picked out your outfit (which nobody made fun of), you had snack and nap time, you didn't have enemies, and there was no homework. I miss those days of messing and playing around without anyone caring about what you were doing.
This picture is from preschool with my friend Sarah. My mom took this picture.


That's all for now my fellow bloggers.

No comments:

Post a Comment