Thursday, October 15, 2009

It's finally here

In recent news, everyone has been talking about swine flu and how bad it is going to affect our world. Just a couple weeks ago there were only two known cases of swine flu in Iowa. And now I'm here to tell you, it's at our school.

The first case of swine flu that I knew about was this Monday, when a couple of sophomores in our prep show choir had gotten it. I then found out another guy in our showchoir came down with the sickness and now probably 18 or so people have it. It's rapidly spreading and I predict that at least half of the school will have it by next week. Some of my closest friends now have it, which means that sometime soon I'll probably get it.

But I think it's a good thing that our school is getting it now, before the hard winter starts, before showchoir season, before dance competitions, before any winter school activity has really started. We knew that the flu was coming, we just didn't know when or if we would have any time to protect ourselves from it before it arrived. But now it's here and we're going to have to deal with it.

Supposedly, the symptoms are a sore throat, coughing, a fever, an achey body, and a runny nose. My friends haven't really been throwing up or anything, which is good if everyone here is going to get it. What would be really neat is if they cancelled school because there were so many students and teachers gone for a couple days, and it would just be safer to not go and so people didn't have to make up so much work. There are schools around Kennedy that are now getting the swine flu as well. Hundreds of students are out of school now, imagine what can happen in a matter of days.

There are always going to be sicknesses going around that affect the student body rapidly, and I don't know why everyone is freaking out about the swine flu. It's just like the flu and people can get over it easily. I guess it just scares people that they can die, but any virus can kill you if you leave it long enough. The key is to go to the doctor and get treated before anything major happens.

Can't wait for the swine flu to hit me. Not.

That's all for now my fellow bloggers.

No comments:

Post a Comment