Sunday, October 11, 2009

Food, Fitness, and Fun

So, yesterday my mom and I went to the US Cellular center to go to Hyvee's Food, Fitness and Fun thing they were putting on. There were a bunch of different stands set up all around with different businesses giving away a bunch of free things. We got a free t-shirt, pencils, pens, drinks, food, magnets, and so much more. It was pretty cool. Then, we went up into the stands and prepared ourselves to watch Shawn Johnson perform or at least do something special.

The time came and she paraded out with a bunch of little kids from local gymnastics centers and my mom and I both looked at each other like...what..the...heck. She got up on stage and these gymnasts who were my age and younger started doing a bunch of flips and tricks over and over again. Shawn Johnson was just standing there watching them and we were expecting her to start doing something but she never did. After about 15-20 minutes of the little kids performing, they brought out a podium for Shawn to talk. She faced away from us, had the whole speech in a book, the surround sound system was really crappy, and she talked way to fast. I really didn't get a lot of the stuff she said because I couldn't understand her. All I got was that people should go out and work out more then sit on the computer or their phones. Then a lady from KCRG went on stage and started asking her a bunch of questions and such. Me and mom left after that.

I'm not trying to put down Shawn at all. Because it was really cool to get to see her and be that close to her; she has won gold medals! I just wish that she would've done something cool or impressive for Cedar Rapids to experience.

But, with all of those stands around that had healthy foods and people promoting a better lifestyle, it made me want to try to watch what I eat and try to be more healthy. I guess because I'm dancing all the time, I have to eat all the time because I'm constantly hungry. But that doesn't mean you have to eat bad foods for a snack. Eating healthy can give you more energy and feel better about yourself.

That's all for now my fellow bloggers.

No comments:

Post a Comment