Wednesday, October 14, 2009

happy birthday

So, yesterday was my birthday and it was probably not the best one ever. Usually you think of a birthday dinner, presents, etc. But none of that happened......

To start off the day, neither of my parents got up before I left the house for school to say happy birthday, or even good morning for that matter. I was kinda surprised at that because usually that's something they would do. Anyways, I went outside to my car and my windshield was iced over. So i got out my scraper and started scraping away. It's October 13th, I should not have to be scraping ice off my car!

The school day was alright. Nothing really eventful happened just a couple happy birthday's here and there. I went to McDonald's for lunch, I suppose you could call that a "birthday dinner" if you really wanted to. During 6th hour I had a couple of friends come over to hang out before we had to go back to school for the dreaded Spirit Clinic.

We headed back to school at 3:30 and started to set up the gym and foyer for elementary students to come in and dance and cheer. At around 4:30 our first girls arrived and we went down to the gym to play games like simon says, duck duck goose, little sally walker, etc. It was a complete nightmare. I was working with the 2nd and 3rd graders which there were the most of. 51 little girls were running around full with energy. It came to be 5pm and we went upstairs to start teaching these little girls a dance that we had prepared for them. We were rapidly teaching them when one had to go to the bathroom. So a cheerleader took her to the bathroom. But then more and more then realized they also had to go to the bathroom. Eventually all of them needed to go so we took 10 at a time while everyone else learned the dance. I about lost my voice last night because I was counting and yelling so loud. This Spirit Clinic lasted until about 8:30 and included a performance by the dance team. It was just dandy.

Finally when that was concluded, I checked my phone and found out a bunch of my family and friends had called to wish me a happy birthday and I needed to call them all back. But I also had a lot of homework. It was a pretty rough night but I guess as you get older it's not all about the princess birthday parties and the millions of presents people gave you. Sooner or later we all have to realize that the kid in us is partially gone, I'm just not ready to give that up yet.

That's all for now my fellow bloggers.

1 comment:

  1. Ksenia Solo Biography, Born, Age, Facts, Family, Movie Only winning is not the quality, but also losing yourself for acting is also achievement that proved by the talented Ksenia Solo

    ReplyDelete